Facts & Figures
HMRC Key Statistics – April 2017
Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Since EIS was launched in 1993-94, over 26,000 individual companies have received investment through the scheme, and over £15.9 billion of funds have been raised.
- Data for 2015-16 shows that 3,285 companies raised a total of £1,647million of funds under the EIS scheme. Revised data for 2014-15 show that 3,330 companies raised £1,881million of funds.
- Data for 2015-16 shows that the 1,500 companies raising funds for the first time under the scheme raised a total of £787million, down on the amount raised by 1,710 companies claiming for the first time in 2014-15 (£1,080m).
Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- In 2015-16, 2,225 companies received investment through the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme(SEIS) and £170million of funds were raised. This compares with 2,340 companies raising a total of £178million under SEIS in 2014-15.
- Of those companies raising funds in 2015-16, 1,680 were companies raising funds under SEIS for the first time, representing £144million in investment.
Advance Assurance Requests
- Since 2006 -07, there have been a total of 23,200 AAR applications received for EIS and, of these, 19,455 (84%) have so far been approved.
- Since 2012 -13, 13,645 AAR applications have been received for SEIS. In 2015-16 there were 3,115 applications and, of these, 2,645(85%) have been approved.
To see the full HMRC EIS and SEIS statistics report click here.