Facts & Figures
HMRC Key Statistics – October 2016
Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Since the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) was launched in 1993-94, over 24,620 individual companies have received investment through the scheme and almost £14.2 billion of funds have been raised.
- Data for 2014-15 shows that 3,265 companies raised a total of £1,816 million of funds under the EIS scheme. In 2013-14, 2,840 companies raised £1,591 million of funds.
- Data for 2014-15 show that the 1,660 companies raising funds for the first time under the scheme raised a total of £1,022 million compared with 1,405 first time companies raising £897 million in 2013-2014.
- In 2014-15, companies from the Business Services sector accounted for over £600 million of investment (one third of all EIS investment)
- London and the South East continued to account for the largest proportion of investment with companies in these regions receiving 65% of investment in 2014-15
Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- In 2014-15, 2,290 companies received investment through the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and £175 million of funds were raised. This compares with 2,110 companies raising a total of £171 million under SEIS in 2013-14.
- Over 1,800 of these companies were raising funds under SEIS for the first time in 2014-15, representing £152 million in investment.
- In 2014-15, companies from the Hi-tech and Business services sectors made up 62% of the amount of SEIS investment received.
To see the full HMRC EIS and SEIS statistics report click here