Information for Investors
EIS/SEIS is appropriate for Investors who wish to include in their portfolio some higher risk based companies. EISA recommends taking professional advice before investing in EIS/SEIS funds or companies since the rules governing the EIS/SEIS are complex and interrelated with other legislation.
Over £9.7bn of private funding has been raised by EIS companies across the UK since the scheme’s inception in 1994 and 2012*. These range from small ‘friends and family’ rounds, business angel investments where individuals are contributing skill as well as funding, through to formal public offers and EIS funds. The number of professionally managed EIS/SEIS funds is growing and the sector is becoming more established.
It is a useful exercise to consider some or all of the following prior to assessing your investment:
- Size of intended investment
- Single investment or spread of investments
- Sectors that may be of interest
- Passive or active ie business angel wishing to deploy skills
Please note: The Association neither endorses any particular member, product or company/firm wishing to raise money under the EIS/SEIS nor does it accept any liability for advice given by its members.
For full details of Claiming EIS Tax Relief click here…
Additional information is available from the following all of which provide independent commentary and details of EIS/SEIS Offers and Funds.
- Allenbridge Limited. Contact Lauren Radford on 020 7079 1000 or www.taxshelterreport.co.uk email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angel News Ltd. Contact Modwenna Rees-Mogg on 01749 344888 or www.angelnews.co.uk email: email@example.com
- Hardman & Co. Contact Vilma Pabilionyte on 0207 194 7622 or www.hardmanandco.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MICAP – MI Capital Research Ltd – Contact Andrew Marris on 020 3422 0100 or www.micap.com email: email@example.com
- Tax Efficient Review – Contact Martin Churchill on 020 8458 9003 or www.taxefficientreview.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Livestreaming Partner: Intelligent Crowd TV Producers of the Seed & EIS Hour– Intelligent Crowd TV produces the first-ever TV series dedicated to early-stage crowd and angel funding, “The Seed & EIS Hour”, providing access to the UK’s leading start-ups for investors, world-wide. Great early-stage businesses are invited to apply online to be showcased in the next series which begins in January. And for more developed businesses, we host “The Series A Hour with Match Capital”, to showcase £1mn+ fundraisings to the VC, PE, Family Office and Corporate Venture audiences. http://www.IntelligentCrowd.TV
For further information, please contact:
- Your independent financial adviser for advice pertinent to your personal circumstances;
- HMRC – Small Company Enterprise Centre, (SCEC), Mid-size Business SO777, Newcastle NE98 1ZZ. Tel: 0300 123 1083
Please note that individual tax enquiries should be addressed directly with your own Inspector of Taxes and not the SCEC departments, nor is EISA able to help with individual queries.
- For general information on EIS And SEIS please look at the Factsheets on the website. For more complex queries, do contact one of the EISA members in the relevant category – Members, or your own professional adviser.
* The most recent HMRC statistics available.